Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Chinese New Year.

So I’ve been sick (AGAIN) before and during Chinese New Year. What a good start huh. I guess it was the heat that caused my very terrible headache. It lasted me for 4 days! I started work yesterday, but only my lady boss and me (I have 2 bosses fyi) came to work because others (on my floor) took leave until Monday (except my “real” boss who start work today). My head was spinning and the headache came back. So I went home at lunchtime and went to see the doctor. I told him that I’ve had this headache for FOUR days already. It comes and goes. I took Panadols and it still didn’t go away (I tried Panadol ActiFast the first day, it worked for few hours and the next few days, it just didn’t work. I tried the normal Panadol and it worked only for few hours). He asked his routine questions like, “Do you have fever? Cough? Phlegm?” and checked my body temperature, which is perfectly normal, but I still felt feverish and super bad sore throat.. Maybe it’s really the heat.

I had fever that few days that I had headache (it’s like a combo package. Wtf.). But surprisingly, the fever only happens in the afternoon… so it must be the heat.

So anyway, the doctor told me that Panadol wouldn’t work for my headaches and prescribed Ponstan instead. And he gave me some antibiotics and some tablets to suck (for my sore throat). Oh.. I even asked him for half-day MC. He gave me full day instead. What a wonderful man. Bleh!

Took the medicine right away and went to Pertama Complex with Smelly. The headache got worse the moment I stepped out of the car. We walked for a while and it got from worse to WORST. I kept telling Smelly that I wanted to go home cos I really can’t stand it. He said, “Since we’re here, let’s go Sogo.” T_T why my boyfriend like that one.. Sigh. Since we don’t really go shopping that often anymore and since it’s been few years since I first and last stepped into Sogo, might as well go have a look.

Even though it’s only opposite road, I felt like we walked for few kilometers.

There’s sale going on and quite a lot of people around. Smelly kept asking me, “You don’t wanna buy anything?”

“No”

I know he tried to make me stay awake and tried to make me forget my headache, which is helpful in a way la… but still, I was quite grumpy throughout our outing. I kept telling him that I wanted to go home.

Smelly bought a polo shirt and a belt for work. I didn’t get anything though. I just wanted to go home.

We stopped by MaxValu (Jusco) near our place to get some red wines. I got ourselves (well actually it’s for me lah) some sushi and half dozen of Wong Lo Kat (the famous herbal tea). “Sushi again???!?”

“Yea. I feel like eating.” Actually, I just can’t resist buying. :P buying sushi at Jusco is a MUST every time I go there.

We bought 2 bottles of red wines. We’re not wine experts but somehow we discovered that we fell in love with red wines since the Christmas Pool Party. bleh. We also know that good red wines are expensive (the cheapest bottle that we drank over at Kenny’s is RM300++! We drank about a total of RM3000++ worth of red wines that night.. and I don’t think we drank more than 10 bottles… no wonder it tasted SO GOOD!) anyway, since we’re not expert drinkers (yet), we bought those cheap ones for a start. RM 50++ a bottle. One of it is Jacob’s Creek, still haven’t try yet. The other bottle is.. dunno what brand but it’s from Chile or something… Which I think it tasted okay lah.. but let’s not compare it with the ones that we drank at Kenny’s.

So anyway.. we went home and I had some sushi and watched The Gem Of Life episode 59 or 60 (mch!! I HATE HATE HATE that Jessica!!! She’s so ungrateful to her mother!! I felt like stabbing her with my chopstick and stuff her with Alfie’s poo!)

Actually, the first thing I did when I reached home is drink the Wong Lo Kat. And within half an hour, my sore throat miraculously HEALED. Yes. HEALED. I wonder if it’s the Ponstan, the sucking tablet or if it’s really the magical Wong Lo Kat. If it’s the Wong Lo Kat, then it must be the heat that caused my fever, headache and sore throat… I should’ve bought it earlier right? Sigh.

Ok. I think I’m getting more and more long-winded. Ciaoz before I became like my gramma : “Ah Hung, who’s shoe is that?” repeat 10 times in 15minutes. My gramma is so cute. *hugs*

1 comment:

Andrew said...

wahhh.... u ok mou o??? LOL =D gong hei fatt choi ar!! =D take care luuuu