Thursday, April 22, 2010

Summary of 2009

I’m turning 25 in exactly a month’s time. *shrug*

Let’s see how last year went…

Switched 3 jobs in last year alone. The current one is the 4th. So you know you unlucky I was last year. I quitted my comfortable 9-5 PA job with the most awesome boss, to work in a training centre that promised me an event coordinator role but ended up doing telemarketing 95% of the time. Fml. Considered I got conned right? I think I worked for 2 weeks only. And I quitted without getting any pay. Long story lah. Then I goyang kaki for a month cos I planned for a trip to Bangkok so I don’t think it’s appropriate to start work for 2 weeks and then take leave (though actually my awesome boss asked me to go back and work for him but I don’t want to disappoint him so I rejected his offer). Then, I worked in an event company. The whole company only has 3 ppl working including me. That’s also including the boss. After 2 months of working there, I quit. Another long story. To cut it short, I beh tahan the boss.

Then I joined another company as a PR coordinator. Just when I thought I finally found a good company to work in, a pretty good boss in person, a position that I eagerly want to venture in and not forget to mention the attractive salary package, everything went wrong. Nobody liked me in the office ever since the first day I joined, padahal I already try to be nice and keep quiet the whole time. Just because I know the boss because she’s my dad’s friend. Cibai.. I went through interview with the HR before the big boss interview me lor! And then, I got backstabbed by a bitch. Then, found out that the boss is actually so narrow-minded and refusive (is there such word? Why is it underlined red?) towards unconventional AND honest opinions. Why the fuck you set up a new division to focus on PR and A&P for your company when you’re not ready to listen to honest opinions and thought that I’m trying to talk bad about your product? Pfft! So much of a good person. Definitely not a good boss! wtf! AND not to forget the salary that I got is not what we’ve discussed earlier!!! Super wtf and fml that time lor! After a good talk with the boss, I resigned on the spot without any back up plans for myself. At that point, I felt hopeless. Insecured. Scared. Everything seemed to fall apart. I wasn’t prepared to leave the job despite the stupid salary and the boss and the terrible office politics because I’ve never leave a job without having a backup beforehand! Seriously, that was really demotivating and scary.

But I know I cannot stay in that company for a second longer so I hand in the resignation letter and went home feeling mixed up. Happy because I don’t have to be in that kind of working environment anymore. Sad because I realized that being honest can land you in big trouble. But then I know God is not so evil, because when He closes a door, He will open another one for you. Corny, but true. The minute I printed out the resignation letter, I got a call from a contact asking if I can work part time for a few days. That’s when I realized that He won’t let me die. I didn’t take the job in the end even though I needed the money because I had to work in a pub. No, not that kinda job that you’re thinking. It’s just promoting liquor. The reason why I didn’t take up the job is that I used to work part time selling liquors in clubs and cafe before I quit the PA job and I got tired of working at night and dealing with all sorts of people. It’s tiring to put up a phony face all night. The money was good. Almost double of what I got when I was working as PA. Working hours was only 4 hours a day and I only had to work for 4 days a week. It was actually a job that helped me went through my jobless month after I quit the training centre. But I know I don’t want to end up working permanently as a liquor girl just because it pays well. So I stopped after working for 3 months.

Then, I got to know about my current job from a friend. I attended his birthday party and he introduced my current boss to me and the next thing I know, I went for interview with my direct boss after a week and got the job. I think it was fate, because initially, I was thinking of not attending my friend’s party because I was not working, I got no money, no confidence and I just don’t feel like mingling and tell people that “I’m currently taking a break” when they ask me what I’m doing. Pfft. Damn sad okay every time kena ask and had to lie... But I went last minute cos somehow, I felt that maybe it’ll help me build up my confidence by socializing a bit. =)

So, last year has been the most terrible year so far. But I’m still alive and kicking.

This year though.. things are considered quite smooth-sailing. Minus the family drama. I’m blessed to have a job that I quite like. The Smelly boyfriend is although still annoyingly kayu, things with him are also considered okay. I don’t wanna say that we’re not progressing; I guess we’re being comfortable this way, although I've always silently hoped that I'll be surprised one day. Pfft.

Quarter of my life has passed insignificantly. I hope the rest of my life will be fulfilling albeit unimportant to anyone but me.

No comments: