Monday, June 28, 2010

Series Of Unfortunate Events in Kuantan

So i was away for an event in Kuantan last week. we stayed in Hyatt Regency Kuantan for 2 nights. a series of unfortunate events happened throughout the 3 days we were there. first, they fucked up my room category, they gavce me a 2-bedded room. -_- it's very scary to sleep in a room a lone with TWO beds!

then, because some last minute group booking from the US embassy, they are quite full and can't give me the same type with my collegue, so terpaksa take one with this view from my balcony....
direct view from balcony.

this is the view from my collegue's room. see the HUGE difference?


the beach.

so after our event, we went for a stroll at the beach in the evening.

it's my first time in Kuantan and to be honest, the hotel is comfy, staff are nice (except for the reception desk, they don't smile. ugh) their banquet staffs are very accommodative,and they have very nice sea view!
ohai Kuantan!!!


they have 2 pools, this is one of them. too bad we don't have time to lepak here.

they also have a very wide spread of buffet breakfast, which consists of western, indian, malay and chinese style. and of course, i opted for the western for both days, because others are just too heavy. this is just nice.



the view from my breakfast table, overlooking the beach. cannot believe that there are 2 people swimming at the sea at 7.30am in the morning!!!


so the second unfortunate event is on the second day, right before i get ready for my event before breakfast, the power supply just went off! luckily i'm not in the shower when it happened!!!! if not, i'll really die cos i'm alone in the room and it's TOTAL darkness! the first thing i did was to open the door and peep out to see if there's anyone out there, then open my balcony door to let the sun light in. phew~

then i went back to my room after my event ends at 4pm, and guess what..... i'm locked out of my room!
stupid door just won't open!!

ugh. first, they gave me the wrong category, then gave me a staircase view, then the power tripped and then my door cannot open!! wtf!!! so bad luck meh!!

then during check out, the front desk screwed up again. some minor mistake. -_- seriously, their front desk people really have no smiles on their face!! don't deserve to be in front desk. can't believe that a 5 start hotel will have this kind of quality.

but luckily the event went well so it kinda compensate on my bad lucks lah...


No comments: