Sunday, September 13, 2020

Happy Birthday bie

Choy Seong Ming. Ming. My smelly. Bie. 

You're a man of few words, but your heart filled with carefulness and thoughtfulness that nobody knows or understand. 

Yesterday was your memorial service, yet I couldn't bring myself out to say a few words. 

You would've looked at me from above and said "aiyah.. 唔好搞咁多嘢啦", cos you're not someone who likes to share your feelings. You're not someone who likes to be in the limelight. 

You kept everything to yourself. Even simplest things, you'd never wanted to share with me, just because you think you wouldn't want me to worry with you. You chose to take in everything to yourself. All the burden, the stressful things. 

14 years with you, and it became a norm to me, that you wouldn't say out unless it's necessary or solved. So all I can do is to just be patient, stay by your side and be there. Waiting for you to share everything when you're ready. 

I guess this is the comfort you found in me. Thank you for trusting me.

Yesterday I really wanted to give an eulogy, but I really couldn't. The thought of it breaks my heart so much that no words could describe. 

You left. And all I could do was nothing.   

You left us unexpectedly 5 months ago, without saying goodbye. 

You chose to be with The Lord instead. 

I totally understand, I would've chosen the same. You're now in good hands. You're sitting with Him and surely having a great time now.  

I can only wait for the day we could meet again.  

Today would've been your 41st birthday. I know you don't like celebration, so I'll just wish you like usual instead. 

Happy birthday bie.

No comments: