Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day or Everything Pricey Day?

Yo!

Went to WeiLeng's birthday party yesterday night at Luna Bar. The place is nice. Cozy la.. But since she invited quite a few group of friends, I only know JennHoel, YeeMeng, Andrew, Scott and YitMeng(WeiLeng's hamsem elder brother). Didn't drink tho.. I stopped drinking since November 2006 (TOTAL LOSS!). Scared d.. So now, I only drink Bailey's Cream.

Anyway, overall, the party was ok la.. Took some pictures.. But I'm too lazy to upload it now.. Maybe later.

So today's Valentine's day.

Just like any other day, nothing so special to be happy about. I think the most special thing is the ever "special" price of everything. Like chocolates, flowers, dinners, etc.

I remember my first Valentine's Day with my first bf were celebrated at home. Year 2002. Because it falls on Chap Goh Mei, the last day of Chinese New Year, so he came over for dinner and that's about it. Nothing special. No flowers. No chocolates. No gift. Just hugs. And I made a card for him.

The second V day, also with the same guy. Celebrated in the car, arguing. I remembered that I have to work and I thought we can go for dinner after I finish work. But he doesn't seems to like the idea of hanging outside cos of the crowd.. Some other topics came up and my face became like a charcoal all the way he drove me home. No flowers. No chocolates. No gift. But I bought a couple t-shirt. "CHOP" for him, "STICK" for me.

Third V day, year 2005. Spent it with my then bf.. Also spent it at home because I'm sick. And it rains heavily that day. No chocolates. No flowers. Got a perfume two days after V day. Gave him a perfume too. And made a card.

Year 2006. Spent my V day with Ming. We went to Bagan Lalang, Morib to have seafood. VERY cheap seafood. VERY nice also. We went there with JoyceGary and JoeMaggie. Though the ambience is not so romantic.. (it's at seaside. and the shops is like atap house..) But food was delicious and we don't have to pay so much for some overrated stuff in town. No flowers. No chocolates. Ming bought me a DK watch. I bought him a couple t-shirt from Levi's. And made him a card. Nothing much special tho.. cos Ming thinks V day is just another normal day except for everything is overly pricey..

This year?

We celebrated it last weekend at the Ritz Carlton KL... My treat.. Teehee... Nothing much also. We brought some HK drama series to watch.. Some nice musics.. We bought sparkling juice, sushi, condom . We talked.. We laughed.. We dreamt..

It's nice.

Simple.

Oh, still no chocolates. Still no flowers. Oh, I got a pair of three quaters pants from Ming.. Nice!

2 comments:

zewt said...

JennHoel, YeeMeng, Andrew, Scott.... hmmm... i know these ppl.

Isn't it ironic that most attached dont really celebrate this day. Most will either do a pre or post celebration, if at all.

On the other hand, the singles will always remember this date and will usually organise mass singles gathering, get depressed, talk about staying single forever... and get ripped off for all that.

Anonymous said...

well, dun worry... heres some flowers for u... @---,'------ :) sprtz