Friday, August 15, 2008

my gramma.

i went home 2 days ago. dad asked me if i want to go home for dinner. one of his staffs' birthday. thinking that i haven't been seeing him for a week, i thought of going home.

had dinner and gramma haven't sleep yet. it's already 8.30pm when i got home. she's sitting there, watching tv. gramma is like that.. everytime there are visitors, she can't sleep. or should i say, she won't sleep. maybe she felt insecure or something. she will be very worried and keep on asking where my father is.

she's been naughty. dad asked her to sleep cos it's late. she normally sleeps at 7pm. she just walked up and down till everyone went home.

she sat beside me. my bag was on the chair opposite where i'm sitting. she pointed at the bag and asked, "who's bag is that?" i told her it's mine. "don't put there. later people take away."

i assured her that it's ok.

after five minutes, she pointed at the bag again. "who's bag is that?"

again, i told her it's mine.

"don't put there. later people take away."

this repeated for almost 6-7 times.

then i took my bag and put it on my lap.

she stopped asking.

she saw my phone on the chair, just beside me, "is this yours?"

"yes"

"keep it. later you lose it"

sigh.

then my dad came out, after cutting the cake, he asked gramma, "do you know who is this?" pointing at me.

gramma smiled. "i know.. i know.......*mumbles*"

she can't remember me that moment.

"she's your granddaughter. remember?"

"ahh.. yes.. i remember."

no. she didn't. she said that just to make us feel better. she's afraid that we know that she can't remember.

dad's staff always comes over our house and gramma will scold them and ask them to leave the house cos she don't recognize them. dad will tease her. "she's your grand daughter, remember?" she won't believe. but when dad told her that shortie, me and fatty are her grandchildren, she will smile and say "ah.. yes.. yes.."

i felt sad.

sometimes, she remember me clearly. asking me where i went. if i'm going to school that day. (cos before her condition got worse, i was still in college).

sometimes, she thought i'm her neighbour.

sometimes, she thought i'm a friend.

but luckily most of the time, she remember my name. but when asked, she got mixed up. i hope gramma won't forget me totally. i wish she still remember i'm her grand daughter.



before she went to bed, she stared at me very long and smiled. "you lose weight" she said.

"is it?"

"why you lose weight?"

"i diet... am i pretty?"

"yes yes... of course!" she laughed.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I miss my poh-poh and kung-kung now... :(

*must not be emo...*