Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Renew Passport take 1 - FAIL.

Yesterday, I took leave to renew my passport with Ming. We went out around 9.30a.m because he needs to stop by at Taipan, Subang to drop his car at workshop. I was a bit annoyed at first because we were quite late already because the last time I went to renew my passport, I reached there before 8a.m and the people waiting in line is enough to make you just give up and go home. But Ming told me that his colleagues said it’s better to go as late as possible because there’ll be not much people since everyone went there in the morning. -_-

We reached Subang Airport around 10.30 and luckily, there weren’t as many people as I thought there’ll be. So we were looking for a parking space and Ming asked, “We only need to bring IC right?” and I was like… OMG!!! Shit shit shit! “I FORGOT TO BRING MY EXPIRED PASSPORT!”

Since it was Ming’s first time applying, he only needs photos and IC. But for renewal, we need to actually give them our expired one. So I try my luck asking if it’s okay to submit the renewal form first, while I go home to take the old passport, which, of course, cannot!

So Ming continued with his application and I took the instant passport photo cos I don’t have one and I purposely make up to look good in the new passport :P So while Ming was at the counter taking his number, they check his IC and read it in the reader thing.. so just in case, I just pass them my IC to see whether my card’s chip is functional… and they checked and say, “Sorry Miss, this card is spoilt.”

Horror!

She told me that I cannot renew passport without a functional MyKad and said I can go to JPN and get a temporary IC and it’s very fast only. So I look at the list of JPN nearest to Subang Airport, which is in Padang Jawa. So I left Ming there waiting for his turn to submit his application. Since I’m a bit of a direction idiot, I just follow signboard.

I reached the first toll (to take ticket), asked the staff, she said follow Shah Alam. So I follow Shah Alam and reach another toll (to pay), ask the staff again, she said, “Padang Jawa? You follow Klang faster. Here very far lah. You can U turn back.” so I U turn, follow Klang. So I reach the toll again and asked, “Padang Jawa how to go?” the staff replied me dunno what then I asked, “Padang Jawa nearer or Jalan Kapar nearer?” he told me Jalan Kapar.

So I went to Klang direction following the signboard. Then I reached a place that I’m not familiar with. I called JPN’s number and get direction. That brings me to another very unfamiliar place. Kebetulan there’s a police station. So I stopped by and asked for directions from the abang polis. He directed me to Jalan Kapar. But the building that he said “you boleh namapak bila you sampai Jalan Kapar” was not anywhere in sight. So I stopped by a petrol station and asked a couple there. rupa-rupanya it’s just right after the petrol station.

Luckily the process of getting a temporary IC is less than 5 minutes, but then the journey there. Hmphh! When I reached the immigration to get Ming, he told me he has to wait another 2 hours after he make the payment. That time, he’s still waiting for his turn to make payment. So we had our lunch there and about 1.30 or 2pm, we make payment and told them that we’ll come back another day to take the passport cos Ming cannot wait so long cos he have to work and I have another appointment at 4pm.

So there.

Renew passport became renew IC.

T_T

Have to take leave to renew passport AGAIN! ccb!

No comments: