Friday, February 12, 2010

hopeful.

I woke up this morning with the sun shining brightly through the window. It was warm, but perfect temperature. I smelt freshly brewed coffee aroma lingering in the room all the way from the kitchen counter. “Such a lovely day today,” I thought. 

I went outside and saw you, preparing the breakfast. Toasted chicken sandwich, my favorite. I still couldn’t believe that I woke up seeing you the first thing in the morning. It felt so warm, so nice. So familiar. You came to me, held my hand and playfully twisted me close to your body. We hugged tightly, I studied your face for a very long time, looking confused. Not letting go yet, you told me, “Don’t worry okay? Everything will be alright now”, you hugged me firmly. It’s like you knew what’s in my mind. You knew exactly what I wanted to hear. It’s comforting. 

My heart beats faster. Just like the first time I received your text saying you love me. Like the first time you hold my hand. It felt so familiar. So comfortable. So happy. So in love.

We hugged for a little longer. We’re in no rush. We’re both reluctant to let go… Then, the alarm went off….


And I woke up AGAIN.


It was only a dream??!?


How can I wake up in a dream and I had to wake up AGAIN?!??


How can it be ONLY A DREAM!!??!


It felt SO REAL!


I can remember every little detail CLEARLY! I can smell the coffee, I can feel the warmth, I can feel the tightest hug, and I can smell YOUR smell! HOW CAN IT BE ONLY A DREAM!


Ugh. I felt cheated by my own dream.


Time to face the reality. Ouch!


No comments: