Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Insignificant V Day.

So I celebrated Valentine’s Day working at Genting. Smelly and some friends came and booked an apartment at Ria though. I joined them as soon as I finished packing my things. The gala dinner ended around 11pm and by the time I’m done packing, it’s already midnight.

We stayed one night there and the next day, we went for late lunch and hang around before going back home. Oh, we did a video too. LOL! Will upload once I get the link.

V day is just another normal day to us. Well, the most significant V day was the first year we celebrated together, which is year 2006. We went to Bagan Lalang, Morib, for cheap yet superb delicious seafood dinner. And that was the only year that I remembered receiving and giving Valentine’s present. Hehe..

Just a week before V day, I asked Smelly, “What did we do last year? Where did we celebrate our V day last year?” and he replied with a, “Hpmhh!! How can you forget! We went for dinner!”

Hah! I knew it! he forgot about it too! Haha..

“Where we had our dinner?” I asked.

“Got lah…”

“You also forgot, don’t say I didn’t remember lah.. bluek!”

That’s how insignificant our Valentine’s Day. I remembered the year before; we celebrated few days earlier at Ritz Carlton. I was still working with Marriott so the rooms at Ritz are cheap. And the service is best! I can’t remember what we did last year at all. I remembered it falls on Chinese New Year.. But I’m sure we went out for dinner or something, with friends. Yea.. we usually celebrate anything and everything with friends. Valentines Day, Christmas, Birthdays, New Year, Chinese New Year, Public Holidays, etc.

Oh.. I found my 2007 V Day post. LOL!

Note how every year I will say "still no flowers, no chocolates, no other gifts".. and how I will make cards for my other half? hehe.. I guess those card-making, present-hunting, romantic getaway planning, mushy talking days are over for me.

I prefer hassle-free quality time with loved ones now ;)

No comments: