Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pre Fourthniversary Thoughts

It’s October again, which marks the 4th year since the first time we met. For the past two years, around this time, I wrote some thoughts. And I shouldn’t make it an exception this year and the years after. It feels like just yesterday I wrote this and this. How time flies.


January 2010 will be our Fourthniversary. Just like the previous years, I didn’t feel any major changes (yet). They said the 3rd, 5th and 7th year is a very crucial year in a relationship. And most people tend to break up in the 3rd, 5th or 7th year. However, I don’t really believe it cos it hasn’t happen to me (yet). (I guess the reason why most people breaks up within that duration is because:- 3 years is enough to learn what type of person your partner is, try to sort thing out for another 2 years after knowing them inside-out, then to be patient for another 2 years after trying hard to hold on and if it doesn’t work, means it will never work. So why waste another 4 years of playing the patient one when you’re not? and holding on to something that you know is hard to keep? Why waste that precious 4 years when you can use those 4 years to know someone better? Ok, I digress.)


Honestly, these 3 years of being with him are definitely a breeze, compared to most relationships that I’ve heard of (from friends, family and previous experience). No doubt, there are times that we annoy each other, got angry for petty things, sick of each others’ bad habits, bore each other to death, etc. but that’s what makes us stronger, right? All these while, I have to give some credit to him for keeping this relationship so well, he’s been patient enough to layan my childishness. He stayed around to keep me sane. Humorous enough to keep up with my silliness and his hands are always there to wipe away my tears.


Last year, I remember I wasn’t sure how can our relationship be so simple? So many questions. So many doubts. So many worries. So paranoid. But it’s all good now. Cos I believe it’s just a phase.



Ahh.. how I wish I can plan for an anniversary getaway! Hmm… 

5 comments:

Me again said...

I heart. <3
=)
Happy Anniversary to you and Smelly. Invite me for your wedding ah, next time. *Hugs*

dy said...

Hehe.. anniversary will be in 1st Jan. =)

IF i ever get married, OF COURSE i'll invite you! you MUST BE my maid of honor weh!!!

btw, how's things going on with you and adrian?

Unknown said...

klik klik ur nuffnang ;)

Me again said...

=D

Yay!

Peksterian said...

another year coming.. what you gonna write?