Monday, November 02, 2009

PerspireX

For those of you who know me long enough, definitely you’re aware that I have sweaty palms. I don’t know how normal it is to have sweaty palms but for my case, it’s definitely excessive perspiration, something that I can’t control cos I had sweaty palms for as long as I can remember (and I think it’s genetic cos my mom have the same problem but not as serious as mine). I remember during school days, my books are normally soaked with the sweat while I write and I normally had to use tissue or handkerchief as a base on top of the book to absorb the sweat so that it won’t get wet. Most of the time, when I was on the phone for too long, I’ll see sweat dripping from my hand. Really DRIP one.. No kidding! It’s quite serious if you ask me. Usually, my hands will sweat when I’m nervous, excited, worried, or whatever that can trigger my heartbeat faster. Very inconvenient sometimes. Especially when I hand to shake someone’s hand. It’s embarrassing la…

Another thing that most people don’t know is I have sweaty feet as well. Though not most of the time, but it’ll sweat if I’m very nervous or hot. This one is definitely VERY embarrassing, especially when I had to take off my shoes cos sweaty feet causes bad odor. I remember there’s one time, I had to take off my shoes when I went for an interview (their office everyone take off shoes one…) and I had to immediately ask where’s the toilet so that I can wash my smelly feet. (Wtf, why am I telling this? -_-) Ming always teases me whenever I got back from work or if I went out wearing covered shoes and he’ll shoo me out of the room cos my feet is very smelly. And sometimes, my feet sweat even when I’m wearing flip-flops! Wtf. Damn tragic lor.

I cannot apply lotion on my hands even if it’s very dry cos after few minutes of applying lotion, it’ll start sweating. And worse and weird part is, after I apply lotion on my hands and start sweating, my feet automatically sweat also! Wtf.. I cannot comprehend why it’s like that. Is there even a scientific reason to that?

Apart from sweaty palms and hands, underarms are the most common part of the body to sweat. Though I sweat excessively on hands and feet, I was lucky that my underarm doesn’t sweat as much. But there are times that it sweats for no reasons, just like my hands! I sweat even in cold indoor without sunlight places, and even when I’m wearing sleeveless! It’s very annoying lor… especially when I’m wearing something light like gray or blue. That’s why ever since secondary school, I try to avoid buying those colors though I really like to wear them. So my wardrobe contains mostly black, other really dark colors and red. White is another choice that I can wear cos cannot see much sweat stain but white makes me look fat so I try to avoid that color also. Wtf… double tragic cos I used to like colorful things but my sweat problems stopped me from being colorful and happy. T_T

Ming was telling me to exercise more to regulate the sweat cos he says maybe because I don’t exercise, so no sweat so the pore clogged and sweat during unnecessary times. (Again, any scientific reasons supporting his theory? Cos I think he’s just making it up to make me exercise!) and he asked me to eat Zinc cos apparently it helps a bit especially to cure smelly feet. Ugh.. I told him I wanna go do operation one day to stop all the sweat. Wtf.. I rather not sweat my entire life than to sweat excessively. =(  whoever having  the same problem as mine will know what I’m going trough.

But…

I went window shopping yesterday at Guardian just to see what else I need at home and something caught my attention. It’s called PerspireX apparently it helps to stop excessive perspiration and unpleasant odor.

 

They have two types of anti-perspirant, PerspireX Roll-on, which is for underarm, and PerspireX Lotion, for hand and feet (can be used at other areas please refer to their website). I was skeptical cos I never heard of the brand before and I never really know that there are products that can help to cure sweat problems (if not cure, I think it can make it better). so I I thought I can give it a try since I’ve been thinking about the problem for so long… I bought the PerspireX Lotion, just to try if it really works. If it does, I’ll get the roll-on as well. It’s not cheap lor… RM55.90 for a bottle (same price for the roll-on as well). I forgot to see how many ml it contains but it says it can last for 2-3 months. Use is every day for 3 days, then 2-3 times a week after that. Last night was the first night I tried it. It is alcohol based and apparently contains no water (please visit their website for more info) so the smell is like alcohol but very mild. It’s not lotion like the normal lotion like we use, it’s like… alcohol. Not like the one we drink la.. It’s watery and evaporates almost instantly after application. Today is the first day after trying it yesterday. But my hands still sweat but only after I apply lotion cos it’s very dry. My feet on the other hand… also still sweat but not as heavy as usual, also because I applied lotion on my hands that’s why it triggers it. I hope this really works. Ming seems to be interested in the roll-on as well. He doesn’t really have sweat problems or should I say, sweat stain problem, but I think he don’t like the sweaty feeling. Hmm… I wonder if he has to shave his armpit hair to use the product… if not, the hair will absorb the lotion, not the skin lor.. right, right? Hahahaha!!! (imagining bald-armpit Ming) hahahahahhahahaha!



No comments: