Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ideal Guy

I’m sure every girl has an Ideal Guy in their mind. But somehow, we’re living in reality, so mostly likely, we’ll settle for the Closest-To-Our-Ideal guy. Just like my case, Smelly is not exactly ideal, but somewhat ideal. Let me share why I say so and tell how/what is MY Ideal Guy (in no particular order). [note why I say “somewhat” in the brackets / or maybe it’s just some excuses for me to say he’s ideal cos I’m living in denial. Wtf.]

A guy who reads. Because I like reading and I like to have someone to share my thoughts and views on books that I read. Unfortunately, Smelly doesn’t read. So we can’t really share thoughts on books that I like and he doesn’t know why I like it. (though he doesn’t read books, he reads a lot of articles about cars on the internet. Still counts as READ right?).

A romantic guy (which girl doesn’t like??). I’m not talking about extreme romantics here (like renting out the whole hotel’s swimming pool area just for dinner for two) cos I still prefers practical. I’m talking about simple romantic thoughts or gestures like star gazing or cuddling? Another trait that Smelly doesn’t have. He falls on Totally Very Practical category, so don’t expect any candlelight dinner or a bouquet of flowers from him. (although he’s practical, he still surprise me with some offhanded sweet-nothings once is a blue moon. Which is very rare. But at least he unknowingly made me feel romantic at that moment. Wtf.)
A guy who can hang out with MY friends. Because I want my close friends to know him and vice versa. Just like how I’d always tag along when he’s out with his friends (now became my friends too). Smelly is totally NOT interested to hang out with ANY of my friends if he has a choice. Which is why until now, even my best friends never really met him. (But this, I can understand, cos generation gap. Wtf. And he tried hanging out with one of my friends that I hang out with very often that time, and he had a very bad experience. At least he tried.)

A guy who cares. About my whereabouts, at least. Smelly definitely don’t ace in this area. He never call to check on me whenever I’m out, even if it’s 4a.m. Most of my friends said it’s good cos their boyfriends calls every 5 minutes to check on them. Of course I don’t like my boyfriend to call every minute, but at least check on me if it’s too late? Isn’t he worried? (but it’s because he trust me and usually, I’ll let him know before I go out so he doesn’t call. Wtf. He trust me ma.. ok next time I don’t let him know.. see he will call or not!)
A sensitive guy. By sensitive, I meant sensitive towards my emotions. Don’t get me started on being sensitive towards my feelings… ugh.. sometimes, I really think that he’s a wood. Wtf. Cos most of the time, he doesn’t know if I’m angry or sad. He thought I’m being funny. Fml. (this one really no comment cos obviously he failed. It’s either he purposely pretend dunno or he really thought I’m being funny!)


A guy who remembers important days. Like anniversaries and birthdays. Because I think these type of special days are important for all girls. It shows how romantic, sensitive and caring a guy is! Well this, so far I cannot say anything for it cos I’ll take initiative to plan something out and he’ll automatically remember. Hahah. Next year must stop planning, see he remembers or not!

So.. we will search for high and low for our ideal partner. But most likely, we’ll end up with someone least expected. But if you look at the person with your heart, they’ll become somewhat ideal to you. At the end of the day, it’s how you accept the person beside you and learn to turn their flaws to perfection. Just like how I accepted Smelly.

No comments: